Our story aired on First Coast News last night. Both Matt and I were moved to tears. It's hard to hear us talk about it, kind of like an out-of-body experience. Reliving those moments all over again, and realizing that some or most of our friends aren't aware of the details and are probably hearing of it for the first time. It was heartbreaking to listen to the words I didn't even realize we said at the time - hard to listen to my husband try to describe the amount of love he has for our daughter, and the loss we feel being unable to devote ourselves to her continued care.
They covered the story beautifully, and hopefully brought to light the needs of NILMDTS in our area. We already have a photographer friend who wants to sign up as a volunteer, which is wonderful. I'm not a supporter of many non-profits, but after having benefited from this one personally, I will praise the amazing services of NILMDTS to anyone willing to listen.
I'm really grateful Coraline's story got the attention it deserved, and she has been shared, and has become real to the world.
I'm glad people are paying more attention to stillbirth and baby loss, what a beautiful segment and beautiful tribute to Coraline.
ReplyDeleteIt was amazing. She's beautiful and the telling of your-and her-story was gorgeous.
ReplyDeleteMany people were proud to know you that night.
Absolutely beautiful story. I admire your strength, and hope you can continue to heal through sharing Coraline's story.
ReplyDeleteI added a link on my own blog to yours - I hope you don't mind. Your story - Coraline's story - is one that needs to be told, and I'm honored to be able to help you share it.
-Shawnee (http://thehomemademommy.wordpress.com/)