Our heat is out. Again. And with a three day weekend it's likely we won't have it restored until Tuesday. How we ran out of oil - again - in just two months is beyond me. And of course it happens when we're getting a cold front for the next few weeks. And expecting company. Lovely.
And Matt has been sick. Five flippin' hours just to be seen at the urgent care clinic. He's been battling a fever and joint pain/body aches for several days. In the height of an epidemic-like flu season. Brilliant.
In addition to the fever and teeth-chattering chills, yesterday he
developed a weird rash on both ankles, which were swollen and red.
Swelling spread to his hands today - he could barely get out of the car.
So, off to Solantic we go. And we wait. I really thought I'd been the one making him sick (still kinda do). He's been so worried about me and my mental well-being that I know he's neglected his own (physical and mental).
**UPDATE**
Matt had pneumonia. With the weirdest symptoms I've ever heard of. He wasn't coughing, no sore throat - but could barely get out of the car that morning, his body hurt so badly. Apparently it was in
the interstitial tissue, not the actual bronchial passageways, so it
wasn't affecting his breathing. But his body was working so hard to
fight the infection he developed serum sickness - basically his immune
system was attacking the antigens in his blood thinking they were the
cause, leading to burst blood vessels and swelling in his legs and
hands. Strangest thing I've ever seen. But there's literally nothing
to be done about it - just sent us home, no meds but ibuprofen. They
wanted him to go to the ER & get a white blood cell count done, but
he refused. He's much better now, back to work today.
No comments:
Post a Comment